lunes, 15 de octubre de 2012

Nightmare - Short Story

In class we had been working in the boocklet with short stories and as a last task we had to talk our own short story.

Nightmare

It was 3 o`clock A.M. when Bert knocked on my window. Mom was at work and daddy was asleep. We used to do this when one of us had a problem, we lived 2 blocks away. Although it wasn't secure to do it, we were now living on a shanty-town, we were best friends.
Robert, we called him Bert, had always lived in the same place since he was born, but I didn't. I moved here, the dirty side of London, when my dad lost his job. We had been best friends since we met a year ago. Before he met me, Bert suffered of social problems with other boys, that's why I'm his best friend and I'm a girl. We were both 10 years-old and liked the same kind of things. But, our lives were completely different.
"What the hell has happened to you Bert?" Was the first thing I told him when I turned the lights on and saw his eye. He was crying when he told me "It's my mom Marissa, I found her drunk again at home but, it was different tonight, Marissa. I arrived at home and told her they had stolen us last week". I could hardly understand him because of the weeping and tears. I silently went downstairs and brought him a glass of water and some tissues. After a couple of minutes we were talking again. "I just can't live thsi way", and he started crying again. "When I told her what had happened she started shouting at me, saying I couldn't be her son. Shouting at nobody, asking herself why was I like a little girl. I told her I didn't like her to shout at me and it was there when she took my arm and started hitting at me. I could get away and started running to my bedroom, where I had left the worst thing I could ever take home". His face turned pallid and he opened his coat and took out a gun. "It was her life or mine, now I choose its both".
An he shot his head.

Now his body lies next to his mother's at the graveyard. I visit him every week. Hi's father's life isn't much better either. The shanty-town has now a holiday because of this historical and horrible event.

          The End





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario